Air Carrier Operations
This book examines the federal aviation regulations that govern airline operations. It helps both students and professionals gather the background information they need to identify the relevant regulations and apply them to their operation.
A college textbook, this book is ideal for airline flight operations or airline operations courses. It also provides excellent preparation for airline interviews.
Whether a Part 121 airline or a Part 135 charter operator, a company lives or dies by its compliance with the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations or FARs (14 CFR). Air Carrier Operations introduces students of aviation to the significant FARs affecting airline operations.
A sophomore/junior level college text, ideal for Air Carrier Flight Operations or Airline Operations courses, this book examines the many regulations governing an air carrier and focuses primarily on Part 121 air carriers, though coverage includes Part 119 and relevant portions of Parts 135, 91 and 61 of the FAR.
The text emphasizes Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) flight operations; therefore, students and pilots should have an instrument rating before undertaking study of this book.
This book also provides excellent preparation for airline interviews and initial training.
Authors: Mark J. Holt & Phillip J. Poynor
Format: Hard cover
Size: 28 cm. X 21.5 cm.
No. of pages: 336
1. What is an Air Carrier?
2. Operations Specifications: Development and Application
3. Airline Organization: required Management Positions
4. Operating Manuals: Requirements and Development
5. Part 121, Subpart M: Airman and Crewmember Requirements
6. Part 121, Subpart N: Training Programs and Part 121, Subpart O: Crewmember Qualifications
7. Air Carrier Flight and Duty Time Limitations
8. Airplanes Used in Part 121 Operations
9. Airworthiness Requirements
10. Instrument and Equipment Requirements
11. Dispatching and Flight Release Rules
12. Part 121, Subpart T: Flight Operations
13. Part 121, Subpart V: Records and Reports and Part 135, Subpart B: Recordkeeping Requirements
15. Selected Part 121 Appendices and Part 120
Appendix: Answers to Chapter exams
Glossary of Terms
No customer reviews for the moment.